Lab Safety Information
- MSDS Information for chemicals can be obtained from
- Access the UIC Lab Safety Binder here:
- All labworkers are required to...
- ...undergo all applicable safety trainings by UIC's EHSO
- typically for chemistry work: General Lab Safety
- typically for biology work: Biological Safety Cabinets, Bloodborne Pathogens, Respiratory Protection
- ...ensure up-to-date formal training
- typically for chemistry work: Annual Lab Safety Refresher
- typically for biology work: Annual Bloodborne Pathogens Refresher
- ...participate in scheduled PI-specific training sessions
- Safety starts new every day, when you start working in the lab
- Lab coat? Goggles?
- Proper shoes, no sandals? Safe clothing? No food?
- How often do you reflect on this?
- Tidiness & Cleanliness!
- Continued self training & reading
- MSDS for hazardous chemicals